Welcome to Symboluk Therapy Sydney
Dr. Amanda Symboluk is a sought-after, experienced Clinical Psychologist currently practicing in the Sydney CBD.
Amanda offers a warm, supportive and compassionate environment to her clients. She is a perceptive and friendly therapist who always effectively addresses each client’s unique needs.
- Worry or Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Eating and Body Image Disorders
- Self-Esteem and Confidence issues
- Drug and Alcohol Addictions
Success depends on the collaborative working relationship developed between therapist and client. An environment will be established in which a treatment plan will be created that is respectful of the client’s unique background, needs and goals for a successful outcome.
Dr. Symboluk has worked with couples, children, families and individuals providing therapy in a variety of Specialty Areas including:
Amanda has excellent skills in working with clients with histories of trauma, such as physical, emotional and sexual trauma.
She has had several years of practice using:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Schema therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT)
- Gestalt Therapy/dream work
- Mindfulness techniques
Amanda possesses significant skills and expertise in treating a wide range of anxiety related issues such as:
- social anxiety
- generalized anxiety
- panic attacks
- fear of public speaking
- health anxiety
- performance anxiety
- specific phobias
- and excessive worry
Amanda is very experienced treating patients with eating disorders including:
- binge eating
- bulimia and anorexia nervosa
- Development of more healthy and mindful eating patterns.
She has also helped countless people break patterns of emotional eating and yo-yo dieting.
In the area of relationship issues, Amanda has extensive expertise in helping individuals, couples and families to resolve concerns related to:
- interpersonal conflict, with professional and or personal relationships.
- Improvement of conflict resolution skills, increase communication skills to be more effective and proficient.
- Clarify and explore issues related to relationship roles, sexual anxiety and performance issues, separation, infidelity and divorce. Premarital sessions are encouraged to manage anxiety, expectations and stresses.
Children and Adolescents
Amanda has extensive clinical experience working with children and adolescents, and treats childhood difficulties such as:
- attachment disorder
- learning and developmental disabilities
Amanda also provides treatment for common family issues such as parenting difficulties, mood difficulties, academic problems, peer interactions, bullying and childhood depression, anxiety and abuse.
Common causes of stress include a traumatic event, relationship problems, workplace bullying and other problems at work, unemployment or retrenchment, disability or illness, relocation or renovation, and other unexpected life challenges.
Amanda helps people effectively manage stress and its symptoms, which can include anxiety, anger, irritability, procrastination, moodiness, emotional outbursts, self-esteem issues, avoidance of other people, and physical symptoms such as headaches, indigestion, backaches, neck and shoulder pain, stomach upsets, diarrhoea, eating problems, smoking etc.